Say it: See you SECO!
The pristine beach, the uninhabited island surrounded with white sand, the cool turquoise waters, can now be explored through Katahum Tours!
Named after the Kinaray-a word for ‘elbow’ because of it’s shape, Seco Island is another island paradise in the province of Antique that you need to visit. It is a 1.5 km beach covered with fine white sand and bluish sea water that is 21 nautical miles away from the shores of Tibiao and could be reached by boat for around 2.5 hours. The pictures on this page are but an inferior capture of the peaceful place.
Seco Island is a perfect destination for camping and beach outings. It is an ideal location to commune with nature or to simply getaway from the hustle and bustle of modern day living. Katahum Tours now offers adventure activities for a camping travel itinerary.
Day Tour Promo Package:
PHP 2,499.00 / person (minimum of 2 pax)
At the island you can:
- Chillax (Chill & Relax) – There is nothing but Nature in the island. No houses, no electricity, no wifi. It is the best place to perform that much needed soul-searching, bonding with family and friends.
- Swimming near the sandbar – the island is blessed with a beach lagoon beside the sandbar which is ideal for swimming.
- Island trekking – The simple vegetation in the island is a perfect location for trekking adventure. Just be cautious of wild animals that inhabit the island. The 4-hectare island can be explored in less than 30 minutes.
- Fishing – Since it was established as a Marine Protected Area last 2014, the coral cover and fishing grounds are recovering. Experience fishing with the local fishermen and enjoy the fresh catch from the sea.
- Ultimate Frisbee or Beach Volleyball – the sand beach is good for ultimate Frisbee or Beach Volleyball. Invite your friends to try this fun sport.
The Katahum Tours Day Tour Package includes:
- Guided tour and round trip boat ride from the mainland of Tibiao to the island
- A hearty Antiqueno lunch
- Entrance fees
- Travel insurance
- Cooler with ice
- 2 gallons mineral water
- Free Tibiao Fish Spa (upon arrival in the mainland)
Visitors are encouraged to bring the following:
- Sun block
- Beach Slippers
- Hygiene kit
- Mosquito repellent
- Malong / sarong
Orientation at Tibiao Fish Spa is 3:30 AM. Day tour starts at 4:00 AM and ends around 4:00 PM. Boat ride is 2 hours from the mainland to Seco. The island is only accessible through the months of March to June. It is very risky to visit the island in other months due to strong water current and waves.
Photos by Roy Tan and Vann Lao